Okay, I never blogged this, my bad.

To sum up, about 2.5 weeks ago, I had made Print capable of USB printing.

Here are some screen shots:
screen1
screen2

I have yet to test the integration with the print device icon. I suppose it will work fine, because
the device icon works just fine for any usb print activity (last i checked with a printer).
For now it works like a charm for any file viewed in Print and which prints to Cups-PDF.

Feedback pleeaaaaaase 😀

p.s. Oh, the Print Setup will have an incarnation as a print dialog, but that’s a poll. 😉

Advertisements

As the title speaks, Printing from Moodle just works.
Screen1
Screen2
A few things to note, the thing is still messed up. There is quite a lot of work to be done.
1) Add a settings page for the administrator (global File upload limit*)
2) Clean the UI messages
3) Get the messy XML-RPC code working! ( I cant figure out how to save the sent binary data as a pdf…)

If that’s done 85%-90% of this project will be done.

Tim (from Moodle) and Martin had suggested I redo my module as a block, BUT my idea was before I pull out something new, get at least this working completely so I have a backup.
So anyway, apologies for the late update, but fighting with xml-rpc is taking longer, and I had been travelling too.